It seems like now that Winter is here, everyone is coughing, hacking, sniffling and sneezing. There are a ton of products you can buy to medicate a cough, but i cant trust these products after seeing a doctor, on one of our local news channels, saying how cough syrup was a total waste of money.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Icing sugar for coating
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper, or greasing very well. A marble slab comes in handy and helps the drops cool quickly.
- Combine the ingredients sugar,honey, lemon juice,ground ginger,ground cloves in a saucepan.
- Turn on the heat and stir This may take between 15-20 minutes, stir continuously
- Test by dropping a little from a spoon into a bowl of ice water. If it cracks, it’s ready. If it’s chewy, cook for a few more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. let it cool for few minutes.
- use a spoon to drop it onto baking sheet .
- let them cool for 20 minutes.
- Dust with the icing sugar to stop them sticking the paper.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool.