Being a parent can be one of the most difficult and rewarding jobs around. It’s not something that you can be perfect at. Most parents are doing the best they can for their kids while juggling work, friends, managing a house, and lots more.
For parents, there are plenty of easy things you can do to develop good family relationships such as,
Spend quality time together
1. Use time together, such as mealtimes, to talk and share a laugh.
2. Have one-on-one chats with each family member to build and strengthen individual relationships.
3. Do fun things together as a family on a regular basis.
4. Make decisions together about what to do for special events such as birthdays.
Communicate in positive ways
1. Talk about everything .
2. Listen with full attention to each other.
3. Make it OK to talk about feelings (even the bad ones).
4. Encourage each other with praise rather than being critical.
5. Work together to solve problems.
Work together as a team
1. Create family rules that apply to everyone.
2. Include older children in decisions about things like family rules and family holidays.
3. Share household chores.
4. Think about everyone’s needs when planning family activities.
5.Let children make some of their own decisions
Appreciate each other
1. Take an interest in each other’s lives.
2. Include everyone in a conversation when talking about the day’s events.
3. Support each other in important events such as sports days and school concerts.
By using above points you can maintain good family relationships which help your child feel secure and loved.